We’re committed to opening our event safely, cautiously and respectfully toward government guidelines, while at the same time helping our community, and economy move forward. As such, we’re implementing measures for our 2020 Halloween season that are above and beyond what the current guideline/restriction currently in place is. A list of those are provided below:
- Face mask are going to be mandatory by all customers and employees at all times while at the attraction.
- Throughout the event there will be signs reminding to maintain social distancing and guidelines for all groups: Queue line markings indicating 6-8’ distances from other groups, every-other queue line to ensure additional spacing, safety and DJ broadcasts to remind groups to remain distanced between them and others that are not part of their household. Outdoor queueing only-no indoor waiting spaces. Staff will closely monitor the queue lines to ensure customers are in compliance with distancing measures. Customers/Groups not in compliance and/or after two reminders will be asked to leave.
- Maintain signage to remind individuals to stand 6+ feet apart and abide by distancing guidelines: Printed signage and/or banners. Additional symptoms posters will be posted for staff, indicating they can’t work if they have symptoms. And customers will not be allowed on property if they have symptoms.
- Temperatures of all employees are checked daily and taken as soon as they arrive. Symptom and travel questions will also be asked. Temperature, symptom and travel answers will be logged. A daily house assignment log is kept. Signage reminding staff that if they have symptoms, they must go home and can not work.
- The restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
- Hand sanitizing stations: Minimum of 15 hand pump sanitizing stations will be spread throughout the event, along with a number of hand washing stations. Especially at the entrance to each attraction. They will be encouraged to use the sanitizer before entering each attraction. Increased cleaning of all surfaces (handrails, doors, restrooms, etc.): More staff will be hired for dedicated sanitation duties. We have purchased an electrostatic sanitizing spray gun to effectively sanitize all attractions, and restrooms on a regular basis during our hours of operation. Nightly sanitizing of all company equipment.
- Our actors will be kept at a safe distance a majority of them will be behind plexiglass windows, with different sets and displays at a safe distance from customers. Customers will be instructed to keep their arms to their sides while inside the attractions at all times. Signage throughout the attractions on wall/sets stating ‘DO NOT TOUCH’ reminders.
- No sharing/exchanging costumes/masks: Staff shall not be allowed to change costumes/character/masks in-show, ensuring less cross contamination. Nightly cleaning and disinfecting of masks, face shields, goggles and costumes will be conducted via washing, wiping, and/or use of disinfecting foggers or sprays, following CDC cleaning guidelines and sanitation solution/mixture.
- There will not be nightly bon fires, there will not be any picnic tables or benches, to help keep the crowds of people to a minimum.
- There will be no sharing of makeup or brush makeup allowed. We have only allowed contactless makeup applications only. All costuming artists will follow the Governor’s guidelines for masks, distancing, gloves, face shield or goggle PPE, and guidance during and between each actor. After each actor the entire costuming station will be wiped down with a sanitizer solution and paper towel, and discarded. Gloves will be changed between each actor.
- We have plexiglass dividers on our wagons that will keep our customers separated and at a distance from others.
- Decrease input speeds to facilitate distancing and control guest flow through the attractions. Based on occupancy and nightly operations, adjusted times of entering the attractions may vary to ensure extra spacing between groups. Additional spacing between groups once in motion inside the attraction. Expect longer wait times to enter each attraction.
We are looking forward to an amazing and scary haunt season. This is a unique season for us all and we are doing our best to comply with all health and safety regulations/suggestions made by the local government and the CDC. We are doing everything we can to provide a safe and healthy environment for both our patrons and actors. The safety and well-being of our guests has always been Forest of Screams top priority. While 2020 has brought on a number of unexpected challenges for fans of the FOS and for people around the world, FOS remains committed to providing its customers with an outstanding customer experience while supporting state, local, and national government guidelines. Please if you are sick or feel sick please stay home!
“We’ll remain vigilant in our monitoring of Covid-19 developments and prepare accordingly to ensure that we can continue to provide our fans with a secure venue where they can come to actively participate in a fun and entertaining, yet scary experience” said Dunfield. “Research shows that being scared releases toxins, and helps people feel better about the chaos in everyday life, and we’re happy to be able to provide our community with a place to come and have fun and unwind. “